Friday, June 22, 2012

Singer Lauryn Hill says 'family safety came before taxes'

Singer Lauryn Hill says 'family safety came before taxes'

Hill, who has six children, gave few specifics in her rambling statement, in which she railed against manipulation by "a media protected military industrial complex", the commercialization of the music industry and of having her freedom of speech compromised.
"I did not deliberately abandon my fans, nor did I deliberately abandon any responsibilities, but I did however put my safety, health and freedom and the freedom, safety and health of my family first over all other material concerns!" she said.
"Obviously, the danger I faced was not accepted as reasonable grounds for deferring my tax payments, as authorities, who despite being told all of this, still chose to pursue action against me, as opposed to finding an alternative solution," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment